Have some free time or need an excuse to get outdoors? Consider contacting us about volunteer opportunities at BHHT.
Blue Hill Heritage Trust is a nationally accredited nonprofit, membership-based land conservation organization founded, in 1985, by residents of the Blue Hill Peninsula in coastal Maine. BHHT is a leader in protecting land and water, teaching a stewardship ethic to this and future generations, all to promote ecological and community health. We work in collaboration with numerous organizations on the Blue Hill peninsula and beyond toward these ends.
We are seeking an energetic and dedicated Administrative Coordinator. This is a Full Time salaried position.
Job Summary: The full-time Administrative Coordinator supports regular office operations, screens phone calls and schedules internal meetings. The position communicates with Trust members and the public; enters member and gift data; works with the Development team on donor relations and other development activities, as well as on administrative aspects of outreach events; manages office supplies, keeps records, and compiles bank deposits. Performs basic bookkeeping tasks. The Administrative Coordinator’s ultimate responsibility is the smooth operation and coordination of the office systems at BHHT.
The position reports to the Executive Director. To be successful in this role, you should have excellent organization skills, the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines, and the strategic thinking skills to anticipate needs and problems, and to be creative and self-motivated. Ultimately, you will provide administrative support to our staff and ensure all daily procedures run smoothly.
Pay and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience and demonstrated skills
- Benefits include medical stipend, retirement, paid vacation, sick and personal leave
This position’s duties include, but are not limited to:
- Public Relations. Serve as the Trust’s “first point of contact” for office visitors, telephone calls, and general email messages. Be responsible for making good first impressions and stewarding lasting relationships.
- Donation and Database management. (a) Keep accurate records on the membership database; (b) Process donations, prepare and send donor acknowledgement letters, membership renewal letters, and new member solicitations; (c) Assist with donor and outreach events.
- Bookkeeping. Perform basic bookkeeping tasks for the Trust: pay bills, reconcile bank and credit card accounts, etc.
- General Administrative. Organize and maintain the central office. Perform various general administrative tasks, including record-keeping, computer back-ups, securing office supplies, and attending to various office operational and maintenance needs.
- Other. (a) Assist with various other aspects of the Trust’s work as needed and directed by the Executive Director; (b) Represent the Trust in a positive light in all encounters with the public.
- To provide a courteous, enthusiastic reception to callers, and visitors.
- To show initiative, flexibility, ability to work with diverse people, with a positive attitude.
- Demonstrate strong computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Database Management (we use Little Green Light), and QuickBooks.
- Quickly learn and maximize the utility of new software programs.
- Demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills.
- Show an orientation to detail and well-organized work and manage different on-going activities.
- Have rigorous standards of discretion and confidentiality.
- A willingness to “pitch in” when and where needed and work effectively as part of a small team.
TO APPLY- please send a cover letter and resume as a PDF to:
Executive Director Hans Carlson at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mailing PO Box 222, Blue Hill, ME 04614.
Application process open until the position has been filled.
Blue Hill Heritage Trust provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements,Blue Hill Heritage Trust complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Blue Hill Heritage Trust expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Blue Hill Heritage Trust’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.