Have some free time or need an excuse to get outdoors? Consider contacting us about volunteer opportunities at BHHT.
Administrative Coordinator- Immediate Opening
To Apply: Please email a cover letter and resume to Hans Carlson at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Administrative Coordinator
Job Summary: The full-time Administrative Coordinator supports regular office operations, screens phone calls and schedules internal meetings. The position communicates with Trust members and the public; enters member and gift data; works with the Development team on donor relations and other development activities, as well as on administrative aspects of outreach events; manages office supplies, keeps records, and compiles bank deposits. The Administrative Coordinator’s ultimate responsibility is the smooth operation and coordination of the office systems at BHHT.
The position reports to the Executive Director. To be successful in this role, you should have excellent organization skills, the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines, and the strategic thinking skills to anticipate needs and problems, and to be creative and self-motivated. Ultimately, you will provide administrative support to our staff and ensure all daily procedures run smoothly.
This position’s duties include, but are not limited to:
- Communications. (a) Serve as the Trust’s “first point of contact” for office visitors, telephone calls and general email messages; (b) Regularly update the Trust’s website and social media sites, in consultation with the Development and Outreach Director; (c) Assist the Development and Outreach Director in preparing and sending monthly e-newsletters; (d) Communicate with Board, committee members, and volunteers about meetings and events; (e) Prepare and distribute notices of Trust events; (f) Assist the Development and Outreach Director with the preparation and distribution of press releases, newsletters and other public communications.
- Development/Database management. (a) Keep accurate records on the membership database; (b) Process donations, prepare and send donor acknowledgement letters, membership renewal letters, and new member solicitations; (c) Assist with donor and outreach events.
- Volunteer recruitment and coordination. Assist with the coordination of BHHT’s volunteer program, including identifying and publicizing BHHT’s volunteer opportunities, recruiting volunteers, coordinating the work of volunteers, and assist in organizing volunteer recognition events or activities.
- General Administrative. Performing various general administrative tasks, including record-keeping, computer back-ups, securing office supplies, preparing bank deposits, and attending to various office operational and maintenance needs.
- Other. (a) Assist with various other aspects of the Trust’s work as needed and directed by the Executive Director; (b) Represent the Trust in a positive light in all encounters with the public.
- To provide a courteous, enthusiastic reception to callers, and visitors.
- To show initiative, flexibility, ability to work with diverse people, with a positive attitude.
- Demonstrate strong computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and membership software.
- Quickly learn and maximize the utility of new software programs.
- Demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills.
- Show an orientation to detail and well-organized work, and manage different on-going activities.
- Have rigorous standards of discretion and confidentiality.
- A willingness to “pitch in” when and where needed and work effectively as part of a small team.
Blue Hill Heritage Trust provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements,Blue Hill Heritage Trust complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Blue Hill Heritage Trust expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Blue Hill Heritage Trust’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.