Surry Forest is BHHT and the Blue Hill Peninsula’s largest forest block, totaling over 2,100 acres! There are over 9 miles of logging roads that are ideal for walking, running or biking. Active forest management and research plots are happening across this property. We hope you enjoy this ever changing property!
Location and Parking
This property is located off the Toddy Pond Rd (Rt 176) up Chestnut Lane (3 miles from Surry Village on your left OR 6.3 mi from Rt 1 in Orland on your right). As visitors pull into the property they will see a parking area on their left, just before the gated entrance. If all parking paces are full, visitors are asked to park off to the side and not completely block the gate if possible. Thank you.
- Please stay on the roads. This is a huge piece of property. Unless you know the property really well, please stay on the logging roads so as not to get lost.
- Carry out what you take in.
- Fires are not permitted.
- Dogs are welcome off leash.
- Foot and bicycle traffic only, no motorized vehicles without BHHT permission.
- Please do not disturb cameras or other Natural Resource monitoring devices we have set up.