Meadowbrook Forest is BHHT’s newest large forest block, totaling over 2,030 acres! There are over 11 miles of logging roads, including a 5 mile loop, that is ideal for walking, running, or biking. We have placed “you are here” maps along the trail as there are several spur roads. We hope you enjoy this gorgeous new property!
Location and Parking
This property has two trail head locations, one in Ellsworth and one in Surry.
The Surry parking lot and trail head is located on Jill’s Lane, off the Surry Rd/172, apx .25 miles beyond the Surry Post Office heading towards Ellsworth. (If you hit Spring Oak Ln you have gone one road too far).
The Ellsworth parking lot and trail head is located off Route 1 between The North Bend Road and Christian Ridge Road in Ellsworth. The road is apx 1.7 miles from North Bend Rd and 2.1 miles from the Christian Ridge Rd. There is a sign indicating the property.
*Please note that there are a few private land owners who have camps inside our property, so you may encounter an occasional vehicle while hiking/biking.
- Please stay on the roads. This is a huge piece of property. Unless you know the property really well, please stay on the logging roads so as not to get lost.
- Carry out what you take in.
- Fires are not permitted.
- Dogs are permitted off leash.
- Foot and bicycle traffic only, no motorized vehicles without BHHT permission.
- Please do not disturb cameras or other Natural Resource monitoring devices we have set up.