**Please use caution as there is bridge work in progress with heavy machinery. The loop may not be passable at certain times without going off trail. When you hit the loop the bridge work is down to the right a little ways.**
Meadowbrook Forest is BHHT’s newest large forest block, totaling over 2,030 acres! There are over 9 miles of logging roads, including a 5 mile loop, that is ideal for walking, running, or biking. We have placed “you are here” maps along the trail as there are several spur roads. We hope you enjoy this gorgeous new property!
Location and Parking
This property is located off Route 1 between The North Bend Road and Christian Ridge Road in Ellsworth. The road is apx 1.7 miles from North Bend Rd and 2.1 miles from the Christian Ridge Rd.
There is a sign indicating the property. The road is almost directly across the road from house #567 Bucksport Rd and is located in between Travis Ct and the Ellsworth Water Treatment Plant to the East & Hagans Elbow and Woodland Rd to the West. *Coming from Bucksport you will notice a bright blue mailbox just beyond the road. Visitors will notice a dirt road that you can drive in on, and may park at the parking area just before the gate.
*Please note that there are a few private land owners who have camps inside our property, so you may encounter an occasional vehicle while hiking/biking.
- Please stay on the roads. This is a huge piece of property. Unless you know the property really well, please stay on the logging roads so as not to get lost.
- Carry out what you take in.
- Fires are not permitted.
- Dogs are permitted off leash.
- Foot and bicycle traffic only, no motorized vehicles without BHHT permission.
- Please do not disturb cameras or other Natural Resource monitoring devices we have set up.