Become an ANNUAL DONOR with our online donation form below.
Your generous, tax-deductible, financial contributions ensure that we can continue to protect Blue Hill Peninsula’s land & water resources for generations to come.
**How the CARES Act Impacts Charitable Giving for Nonprofits in 2020**
Friday, March 27, 2020, the Congress passed and the President signed into law the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, a $2 trillion economic stimulus package legislated to provide immediate relief for nonprofits.
The bill makes a new deduction available for up to $300 per taxpayer ($600 for a married couple) in annual charitable contributions. This is available only to people who take the standard deduction (for taxpayers who do not itemize their deductions). It is an “above the line” adjustment to income that will reduce a donor’s adjusted gross income (AGI), and thereby reduce taxable income. A donation to a donor advised fund (DAF) does not qualify for this new deduction.
You may also consider other donor options such as:
- Become an ALL-SEASON GIVER with automatic monthly or quarterly donations. To become an All-Season Giver click HERE.
- Show your business’s support by becoming a BUSINESS DONOR with an annual donation of $100 or more. To make a Business Donation click HERE.
- Join our HERITAGE SOCIETY by making an annual gift of $1,000 or more. The Heritage Society is a special category of donors who are able and willing to support our annual operating costs with unrestricted gifts of $1,000 or more. These gifts may be made through a single online donation below, or spread out over the year using our All-Season Giver program. Heritage Society donors provide critical annual financial support, receive special updates from our Executive Director, and are invited to attend annual Heritage Society donor-only events.
- Make a donation with a STOCK GIFT. For Stock Gifting instructions click HERE.
- Make an HONORARY or MEMORIAL donation in the name of a friend or loved one using the donation form below by checking off the appropriate box.
- Introduce a friend or family member to BHHT with a GIFT donation (Birthday, Holiday, etc.) using the donation form below by checking off the appropriate box.
- Make a donation with CASH or CHECK in person at our office or mail your donation to: Blue Hill Heritage Trust PO Box 222 Blue Hill, ME 04614 If you are a new donor, please download our DONATION FORM and enclose your donation. Thank you!